- Children and Adolescent Issues
- Family Conflict
- Relationship Issues
- Self Esteem
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (MFC52274)
- Masters of Art Clinical Psychology, Antioch University of Los Angeles
- Masters of Science School Psychology, National University
- Bachelor of Arts Psychology, California State University Northridge
- Over 14 years’ experience in Social Services and Mental Health
- Over 9 years of experience providing counseling to at risk youths and emotionally disturbed children/adolescents.
- Experience in counseling individuals, couples, children, adolescents, families, social skills groups, and adolescent victims of crime groups.
- Certified Parenting Class Facilitator
- Child, Adolescents, Needs ad Strengths Certified Assessor
- Over 8 years of experience as an Adjunct Psychology Instructor
My educational background includes a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology from California State University, a Masters of Art in Clinical Psychology with a Marriage and Family Therapy Concentration, and Masters of Science in School Psychology. For the past 14 years I have worked in the social services and mental health field. My experience includes: In home Case management (assessment, treatment planning, implementation, and monitoring progress of goals) for developmentally delayed children and adults; Providing Psychotherapy to Individuals, Children, Couples, Families, and facilitating an Adolescent Victims of Crime Group; Developed and implemented treatment plans at a residential care center that serviced Major Depressive, Bi-Polar, Dissociative Fugue, and Schizophrenic clients; and have provided individual and group counseling to high risk incarcerated juvenile offenders.
I believe our thoughts, feelings, and beliefs have the power to govern our behaviors. Those behaviors can subsequently cause us to create a positive, thriving, and healthy lifestyle. On the other hand having feelings of anger, hopelessness, and fear is also in our creative power. Sometimes we are faced with situations that we feel unprepared, overwhelmed, or ill-equipped to successfully handle. Learning healthy coping skills provides us the tools to work through life advertises. The challenges we face and overcome can build resilience, empowerment, and happiness.
My experiences over the years in different mental health environments have afforded me the opportunity to see life through various lenses. I enjoy and appreciate my journey with every client. Together we can strengthen our abilities overcome life adversities.